West Cancer Foundation is seeking a dynamic team member with a passion for fighting cancer! We are a growing organization with an open position to work on all special initiatives and development opportunities.
Direct signature fundraising event and other special events and revenue initiatives for West Cancer Foundation
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report to and work closely with Executive Director to create, develop and implement fundraising and development strategies to ensure consistent revenue streams and net profits are meeting goals set forth by the Board of Directors
- Maintain and broaden social networking to benefit organization
- Act as Foundation spokesperson when appropriate
- Interface with West Cancer Foundation Board of Directors, community, donors, volunteers, and other partners
- Responsible for identifying target audiences, event timelines, theme building, creating event programs, communicating with event attendees and corporate donors
- Responsible for negotiating costs, services and contracts with vendors, coordinating all event logistics, timelines and tasks as necessary for events
- Direct signature fundraising event including sponsorship, fundraising, volunteer management, logistics, marketing and communications, and financial reporting
- Work with Executive Director on all event publicity, collateral, event websites, social media and promotion of events
- Responsible for in-kind donations and proper documentation and receipting
- Develop and maintain event software and databases
- Responsible for accurate and timely entry of all related forms, notes and milestones in CRM
- Responsible for all written sponsorship commitments and timely invoicing of sponsors
- Work with venues for events to create layouts/seating arrangements
- Create event sponsorship packages and ensure fair market values are in line with IRS guidelines
- Manage on-site set-up, production and clean-up at venues
- Secure corporate sponsorships exceeding $400,000 annually for signature fundraising event including cultivation, solicitation, activation, and stewardship
- Cultivate, manage and steward volunteer steering committees for events
- Lead volunteer steering committee meetings with Chair/Co-Chair
- Develop and coach peer-to-peer fundraising efforts for fundraising events
- Develop, oversee, and report on budgets for events and other fundraising campaigns
- Work in coordination with Manager of Operations and Donor Relations to optimize CRM and leverage data for fundraising
- Work with Manager of Operations and Donor Relations to ensure timely stewardship for all special initiative fundraising
- Develop and direct DIY/third party fundraising initiatives and cultivate and steward relationships and partnerships with donors
- Manage fundraising campaigns annually, including End of Year solicitations, breast cancer awareness, annual giving, corporate payroll giving, planned giving and others revenue initiatives
- Work with Executive Director on other fundraising programs and grants as necessary
- Ensure timely and continuous reporting with Executive Director on all initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
Professional Qualifications Needed
- Bachelor’s degree and four to five years related experience and/or training
- Strong organization and follow-up skills
- Strong event-planning and management skills with the ability to focus on details and the bigger picture simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Must have the ability to organize and prioritize work assignments and the ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast- paced environment
- Ability and flexibility to quickly adapt to new circumstances as they arise and navigate or overcome unanticipated obstacles
- Experience soliciting and securing individual gifts exceeding $1,000
- Ability to analyze situations and respond in a timely manner
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships experience soliciting and securing large corporate sponsorships exceeding $25,000 and cultivate interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to establish and implement new processes.
- Strong computer applications including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with using CRM effectively
- Ability to adapt and learn new computer applications and
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
Work Environment/Physical Demands/Travel:
- Typical office environment with moderate noise
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include evenings and
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Ability to stand, walk, reach, climb or balance, stoop or crouch, hand/wrist use, talk, see, and hear for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs